With more than 2 billion active users, YouTube is the world’s largest video platform and is the place to “be seen” for companies and organizations advertising and marketing their product, services or cause.
There are several varieties of ads:
- Banner ads: Graphics or videos displayed alongside the video you are playing.
- Non-skippable video ads: Videos that appear before, during or after a video and cannot be avoided.
- In-search ads: Ads that appear in the search results for particular queries.
- In-display ads: Ads that appear on the YouTube watch page.
- In addition to these, there are also YouTube ads that appear as an overlay on videos, offering viewers the chance to click back to your website. This type of ad can be particularly helpful for encouraging click-throughs from YouTube to your website. In addition to advertisements, many times companies will use them on their own YouTube channel and videos to provide additional opportunities for viewers to click-through to their website.
Related: YouTube: Best Practices